Below find described several options for leaving a lasting legacy to benefit Yo San University. The University’s Giving options not only assist you in passing on your legacy, but also provide significant tax protections and incentives. Review the Gift options listed here as a first step in the process of making a systematic plan for the dispersal of a part of your material legacy via a gift to an institution that coincides with the values that you hold dear.
Contributions through any of the University’s Gifting plans detailed here are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Some offer additional benefits such as life income and the avoidance of capital gains taxes. In brief, some of the potential benefits to you include:
- You can reduce or eliminate taxes on capital gains.
- You can convert low-yielding assets to a higher income stream.
- You can obtain a current income tax charitable deduction.
- You can provide life-long income for yourself and/or another beneficiary.
- You can eliminate or reduce federal estate taxes.
- You can pass assets on to heirs with a minimum of transfer taxes.
Yo San University is a 501c(3) organization, and no goods or services are very exchanged in return for gifts to YSU.
We recommend that you consult with your attorney or tax adviser for the various tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation. We are available to you and your advisers to answer questions or to help arrange a planned gift to YSU. Your legacy can make a difference. The future of YSU depends on the partnerships that we form today. Whether you chose a 'Bequest through your Will', a "Tax Wise Gift,' or a 'Trust and Life Income Plan,' your gift will help ensure that YSU will be able to continue its mission.