Yo San Annual Community Blood Drive
Yo San University is hosting our annual Community Blood Drive on Wednesday, June 10 from 10 am to 4 pm.
Yo San University is hosting our annual Community Blood Drive on Wednesday, June 10 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. This year, all presenting donors will receive a FREE #1 Meal from Wahoo’s Fish Taco and a chance to win a Beach Cruiser, as well an exclusive admission for two to the Hollywood and Long Beach Laugh Factory and two free tickets to the Grammy Museum.
Blood is especially needed this time of year. Save up to 3 lives by scheduling your donation today. To make your appointment, please visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code YoSan or email Lalita at email@example.com.
Here’s a list of tips to remember when donating blood:
• Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron-rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
• Get a good night's sleep.
• Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
• Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. (Fatty foods can affect the tests we do on your blood. If there is too much fat in your blood, your donation cannot be tested for infectious diseases and the blood will not be used for transfusion.)
• If you are a platelet donor, remember that your system must be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
• Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID.
The biggest benefit of donating blood is to know that you can help save a life, and to know that blood will be there if you or someone you know needs it. In addition, you will receive a mini physical to check your pulse, blood pressure, body temperature, and hemoglobin. Encourage a friend to join you, and together we can help save lives!
We hope to see you at this year’s YSU blood drive.